I can’t get enough of the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year – Marsala. I love burgundy colors and have several of shades in my house. Since it has been awhile since I have shared any social media icons, I thought I was create a set using Marsala. As always, I have included the most common icons and in 48, 56, and 62. If you need a different icon or a different size, please leave me a comment. I would be more than happy to make you one! Kind of makes me want to redo the color scheme on the blog…
HOW DO YOU INSTALL SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS?
- Downloaded the needed icons and sizes below.
- Open WordPress and upload the chosen icon sizes to your media library.
- Click into the picture to locate the image link. Copy and paste this link to a blank document.
- Go to appearance, then widgets on your dashboard.
- Add a new HTML/text widget to your sidebar or footer.
- Copy code below for each social media icon you are adding (you can also use HTML coding to customize these, such as centering them.)
For example, my Twitter code looks like this:
<a href=”http://www.twitter.com/minivandreams” target=”_blank”><img src=”https://www.minivandreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/twitter.png” alt=”Twitter“/></a>
- Download the needed sizes and icons below.
- Open the Blogger dashboard.
- Open a new post. Title it “SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS DO NOT DELETE” or something similar.
- Upload your social media icons into the post, like you would for regular photos.
- Adjust the look of them – (i.e. remove spaces, etc).
- Click the picture, then click link in the tool bar.
- Add your social media link (http://www.twitter.com/yourusername)
- Continue for each social media icon.
- Click Save.
- Click into the HTML tab of your post.
- Highlight the text, right click and click copy.
- Close the post without publishing (just save it).
- Go to layout on your dashboard and click add a gadget.
- Right click in the content area and click paste.
- Click save.
- Verify the location on your sidebar by clicking view blog. Move if necessary.
For both social media icon installations, I highly recommend double checking your links by logging out of your admin profile and visiting your site or having a friend check for you.
Not feeling this color of social media icons? Check out my other sets!