Free Social Media Icons – Marsala
I can’t get enough of the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year – Marsala. I love burgundy colors and have several of shades in my house. Since it has been awhile since I have shared any social media icons, I thought I was create a set using Marsala. As always, I have included the most common icons and in 48, 56, and 62. If you need a different icon or a different size, please leave me a comment. I would be more than happy to make you one! Kind of makes me want to redo the color scheme on the blog…
62 x 62
56 x 56
48 x 48
HOW DO YOU INSTALL SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS?
- Downloaded the needed icons and sizes below.
- Open WordPress and upload the chosen icon sizes to your media library.
- Click into the picture to locate the image link. Copy and paste this link to a blank document.
- Go to appearance, then widgets on your dashboard.
- Add a new HTML/text widget to your sidebar or footer.
- Copy code below for each social media icon you are adding (you can also use HTML coding to customize these, such as centering them.)
<a href=”YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA LINK” target=”_blank”><img src=”URL OF PICTURE NOTATED ABOVE” alt=”SOCIAL MEDIA ICON NAME“/></a>
For example, my Twitter code looks like this:
<a href=”http://www.twitter.com/minivandreams” target=”_blank”><img src=”https://www.minivandreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/twitter.png” alt=”Twitter“/></a>
- Download the needed sizes and icons below.
- Open the Blogger dashboard.
- Open a new post. Title it “SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS DO NOT DELETE” or something similar.
- Upload your social media icons into the post, like you would for regular photos.
- Adjust the look of them – (i.e. remove spaces, etc).
- Click the picture, then click link in the tool bar.
- Add your social media link (http://www.twitter.com/yourusername)
- Continue for each social media icon.
- Click Save.
- Click into the HTML tab of your post.
- Highlight the text, right click and click copy.
- Close the post without publishing (just save it).
- Go to layout on your dashboard and click add a gadget.
- Right click in the content area and click paste.
- Click save.
- Verify the location on your sidebar by clicking view blog. Move if necessary.
For both social media icon installations, I highly recommend double checking your links by logging out of your admin profile and visiting your site or having a friend check for you.
Not feeling this color of social media icons? Check out my other sets!