Our Forever & Always Valentines Day Card is perfect to show your sweetie how much they mean to you. If you have basic paper crafting skills and know how to weave, you can make this card in less than an hour! Impress your Valentine this year with a handmade card!
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. ~Charles M. Schultz
Forever & Always Valentines Day Card
5.5″ x 5.5″ cream textured card stock, cut 2
5.75″ x 5.75″ grey textured card stock, cut 2
6″ x 12″ black textured card stock
3.75″ x 4.25″ grey textured card stock
3.50″ x 4″ cream textured card stock
Heart-shaped die cut or punch
40″ red ribbon, 1/2″ width
40″ black ribbon, 1/2″ width
Sentiment stamp and black ink pad
2 pop dots
6 self-stick pearls
Iridescent alcohol spray, optional
- Fold black card stock in half to make a 6″ x 6″ card. Crease well.
- Stamp sentiment on cream card stock strip. Set aside.
- Cut the heart shape in the center of one cream square.
- Cut 5″ strips from each of the ribbons.
- Working from the back of the cream square (with the heart), attach pieces of ribbon, horizontally in alternating colors. Use small pieces of transparent tape to secure the ends of the ribbon on one side of the heart. Alternate colors and place them almost touching the next piece of ribbon. Continue to “fill” the heart cut out with ribbons.
- Begin weaving ribbons vertically through the horizontal ribbons. Gently, slide the newly weaved ribbons toward the tape to fill in the spaces. Trim the ends as needed and secure the ends with a small piece of tape. Continue with the next ribbon, placing it almost touching the previous ribbon.
- When heart is filled with the weaved ribbons, secure the loose ends with tape, cutting any excess as needed.
- Adhere the cream square to the card.
- Using scissors (or a square punch), cut banner ends into the stamped cream strip.
- Apply the cream strip to the grey strip.
- Apply three pearls to each end of the sentiment.
- Pop dot sentiment to bottom of the card, centered as shown in the picture.
- Inside the card, adhere the second grey card stock square to the bottom half of the card.
- Adhere the second cream square to the center of the grey square.
- On the front of the card, spray lightly with Iridescent alcohol spray, if desired, and allow to dry.
*Tape-style adhesive is suggested for best results.
Tags: Card making, Crafts, Papercrafts