Alright, another edition of Five Question Friday and FIll in the Blank Friday. Come link up and have some fun too!
Five Question Friday:
Questions for Friday, November 30th: (Special thanks to Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Kate (@KatieB38) from Kate’s Life, Brooke (@HallBro) from Brooke and Michael and some weird lady that calls herself Mama M. for these 5QF question suggestions! Mama M. would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)
1. What do you give teachers for gifts?
I don’t have any kids in school right now. But, when I was in school, we always did little lotion baskets or something like that.
2. Do you text? One finger texter or total pro?
I am always texting. I am a two-thumb texter.
3. Do you give back during the holidays? If so, in what way/which is your favorite charity?
I had never been involved with charities or volunteering until I began working at my current job. I always wanted to but wasn’t sure where to even go to get involved. My work supports United Way and they sent out a call for someone to do crafts at an after-school program called Dreambuilders’ Clubhouse. That was right up my alley. So, I volunteered.
I loved spending time with the kids and getting to know them– the first go around I taught them scrapbooking and papercrafting. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to volunteer this session because of school, but I do volunteer for their parties they have each session. For the Christmas party this session, I am helping the kids make Christmas cards to give to their families. It’s humbling to know that I might be the only stability these kids have in their lives.
4. If you would’ve been the sole winner of the 575+ million dollar Powerball jackpot, what would you have done with all that money?
Wow. I don’t know. Definitely pay off all my bills and mortgage. Probably moved to the country. Traveled. Donated a lot of it. I think I would like to play secret Santa… finding people in need and just gifting them annoymously.
5. Will you please take just a moment to spread the word and pray about (Mama M’s.) my friend’s missing family members? There still is no news, and I can’t imagine their pain and worry. Facebook prayer page: Prayers for Trista, Shy and Matt
Definitely… prayers headed that way.
FIll in the Blank Friday: