Fish and chips? Yes please! Fish and chips sandwich that is healthy? Sign me up! Don saw a recipe similar to this in a magazine and suggested we tried to recreate something a little more yummy than what was pictured. They had piled on all kinds of stuff, which I think ruined the whole “fish and chips” thing. So, I set out on a mission to create a healthy fish and chips sandwich.
Fish and Chips Sandwich
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 breaded frozen fish fillets
- 1 medium-sized potato sliced thinly lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Condiments as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato slices on tray, spray lightly with cooking spray on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in oven for approximately 5-10 minutes (depends on how long fish need to bake per package). The chips need to cook for a total of 20 minutes or so to become crisp.
- Add fish to baking sheet and continue cooking until fish are heated through and chips are done
- Layer two fish fillets, one chip, and your desired condiments on a bun.
Nutrition calculated as a reference only. Please recalculate using your specific ingredients. Nutrition provided is without chosen condiments and/or cheese.