First or Last and Telephone Books – Wednesday Hodgepodge
It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge… a fun blog hop that asks the crazy questions about things. This go-around, you can find out what I like to indulge in on vacation, whether I use a phone book, and what my worst idea was. So, read on and come join in on the fun! We’d love to have you!
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800’s and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
I think the last time I sent a postcard was on my honeymoon– I sent a post card from Cincinnati with a recipe for “Cincinnati Chili” on it to my dad. My dentist office sent me a postcard to remind me of my appointment. I save the postcards if they have pretty pictures on them and I always buy postcards when I travel to hold on to.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Whatever the locals are known for– if we are in Amish Country, its cheese and trail bologna. If it’s Pittsburgh, its Priamanti Brothers.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
It depends on what it is and what is going on.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yes, they do. I live in the town before time and a lot of businesses aren’t on the “webs”. So, I do usually have to look up phone numbers in the telephone book. Go figure.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
It would depend on what it was… lol. I’d want to be last if we were jumping off a cliff. First if I was racing.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)…where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
Ummmm. A couple of weeks ago in Mount Vernon. I had to go potty and I know they have a nice restroom because we have taken the kids there before. So, I pulled in to go. LOL.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Allowing my hair stylist dye my hair pink and purple– and then when it started to grown out I got the brilliant idea to dye it dark red– and it turned orange. Just in time for Halloween. I had to run to Walgreens with orange hair and buy stripper and strip my hair to white and then re-dye it a darker color. For months, if the light hit my hair just right, I had orange highlights.=
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, I am horrible at the whole social media share thing for my blog. I would just set the plugin up to share immediately. Then, I bought SNAP-Social Network Auto Post. It was a premium plugin but so worth the money. (No, this isn’t a paid post!) However, I couldn’t figure out the timing crap on the posts– it was some funky time zone difference and I couldn’t figure it out. So, I kept messing with it back and forth changing the scheduling– you know, because you have to hit the peak times… lol. FINALLY, yesterday I figured it out and now have it set to go. How many times do I have to tell you… I am accountant that blogs, not a blogger that counts…
Ha- not a blogger that counts here either : ) I’ve never been to Pittsburgh, but my hubs has many times and talks about Priamanti Bros. sandwiches.
Oh, we’ve all had hair disasters, I think! Good thing that they grow out! Please stop by my blog today, if you can…I’m having an Easy Canvas giveway! 🙂
I’ve been to Amish country once… Loved it, as I bought a homemade baked good, and a homemade apron!… Cheese sounds good; but I’ve never heard the term
“trail bologna”??? (better than the 2.99 stuff at the local grocer’s?) ~tina
Trail bologna is made in Trail, Ohio and its more like a polish sausage type thing. Very good…