My favorite words… this week’s Listicle is going to be a doozy! Next week’s topic is 10 Things I Wish for Christmas. Hopefully, the Hubs is paying attention for that one. So, without further adieu… I give you my 10 Favorite Words.
My 10 Favorite Words
- Whopperjawed – As in, “Your socks are whopperjawed, let me fix them.”
- Sh*t – This, my readers, was the first cuss word my children uttered. In context.
- D&mn – This, was the second cuss word my children uttered. Also in context.
- Adieu – I know I always say it during Monday Listicles… but it cracks me up, I don’t know why.
- Mommy – Well, for the most part. Unless its the 1000th question in the last 5 minutes that all begin with “Mommy?”
- Awesomesauce – This one comes courtesy of the accounts payable manager at work. The kids and I say it all the time.
- Boom Baby – I know, this is two words. But, the Hubs taught the kids this awhile ago and they will yell it out while playing games.
- Holy Porsche – This is two words also (I am an accountant and I can count.) But, when Lightning McQueen says this about Sally Porsche, I bust out laughing every time.
- Nuts – If you were a fan of Jericho, you will know exactly what I mean. (I tried to find a clip of this episode, but couldn’t.) Basically, in the episode, there was a story about the grandpa and how during the war he received a missive about surrendering and he wrote back “Nuts.” Kind of a middle finger, in a way. Well, when CBS tried to cancel Jericho… the fans sent over 40,000 pounds of nuts sent to CBS. So, I tend to use NUTS instead of cussing. (Of course, see #2 and #3.)
- Dude – I say this all the time, as well… to males and females. Of course, Mo usually says, “I am not a dude, I am a dudette.”
And, there you have it… my 10 Favorite Words. Make sure you stop by tomorrow for my first week of co-hosting Tasty Tuesday with Anyonita Nibbles!