My Favorite Words
My favorite words… this week’s Listicle is going to be a doozy! Next week’s topic is 10 Things I Wish for Christmas. Hopefully, the Hubs is paying attention for that one. So, without further adieu… I give you my 10 Favorite Words.
My 10 Favorite Words
- Whopperjawed – As in, “Your socks are whopperjawed, let me fix them.”
- Sh*t – This, my readers, was the first cuss word my children uttered. In context.
- D&mn – This, was the second cuss word my children uttered. Also in context.
- Adieu – I know I always say it during Monday Listicles… but it cracks me up, I don’t know why.
- Mommy – Well, for the most part. Unless its the 1000th question in the last 5 minutes that all begin with “Mommy?”
- Awesomesauce – This one comes courtesy of the accounts payable manager at work. The kids and I say it all the time.
- Boom Baby – I know, this is two words. But, the Hubs taught the kids this awhile ago and they will yell it out while playing games.
- Holy Porsche – This is two words also (I am an accountant and I can count.) But, when Lightning McQueen says this about Sally Porsche, I bust out laughing every time.
- Nuts – If you were a fan of Jericho, you will know exactly what I mean. (I tried to find a clip of this episode, but couldn’t.) Basically, in the episode, there was a story about the grandpa and how during the war he received a missive about surrendering and he wrote back “Nuts.” Kind of a middle finger, in a way. Well, when CBS tried to cancel Jericho… the fans sent over 40,000 pounds of nuts sent to CBS. So, I tend to use NUTS instead of cussing. (Of course, see #2 and #3.)
- Dude – I say this all the time, as well… to males and females. Of course, Mo usually says, “I am not a dude, I am a dudette.”
And, there you have it… my 10 Favorite Words. Make sure you stop by tomorrow for my first week of co-hosting Tasty Tuesday with Anyonita Nibbles!
I LOVE your list! Awesomesauce and Dude…we can definitely be friends!
Visiting from Listicles. I had never heard of “awesomesauce” before…but you are the second person I’ve seen list this. I kinda love it :). And can I say I would much rather kids use words IN context than OUT of context…regardless of the word, haha.
Ha!! Dude is my favorite word too. It drove all my coworkers (cept for one) nuts one year but I didn’t care. Love using that.
I was so proud, but don’t tell anyone. LOL.
I love when the kids say boom baby! I’m pretty proud of that one. This is more of a sentence but I like when mo asks “what are you looking at” hmmm I don’t know if I have a favorite word…..I guess I use sweet a lot. Trying to remember that word I said all the time a few years ago, use to drive you nuts though lol