Some days, a girl just needs to have a Harry Potter day with her best friend. And what better way to enjoy the movies than with a big mug of frothy butter beer! This simple recipe is quick to make and tastes amazing! Hit pause on the DVR and head to the kitchen to whip up your own butter beer!
I am a late-comer to the magical world of Harry Potter. I had tried to read them when they first came out but couldn’t get into them. About a year ago, I read the first book… half way through I ordered the rest of the set. I have read them through at least three times since then.
Currently, I am working my way through the movies with my BFF who feeds my Harry Potter addition. A few weeks ago, we decided to take the day off and have a “Harry Potter Day” in our jammies. Of course, we had to make butter beer…
I don’t go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me.
Famous Leaky Cauldron Butter Beer
- 4 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup butterscotch syrup
- 3 cups cream soda
- 1 container "Reddy-whip"-type whipped cream
- In blender, add all ingredients except whipped cream.
- Blend on low until combined. If mixture is too thick, add more cream soda; too thin, add ice cream.
- Divide into four glasses and top with whip cream.
While I can’t recreate Diagon Alley for you, or conjure Hosgsmeade in my front yard – I can give you the recipe for butter beer. Shhhhh. Don’t tell Tom.