Do you want fall off the bone wings in less than 15 minutes? Amazingly juicy, tender, saucy… great for dipping in ranch dressing? Then, grab your Instant Pot and get to cooking! Chicken wings were the first thing I ever made in my Instant Pot – talk about jumping in feet first!
I had never used a pressure cooker before. The only time I was ever around one was at my grandma’s house – and I lifted the lid to see what was inside. Steam. Hot steam. Pressure cookers have come a long way since then… and if you don’t have one yet, you definitely need to buy one! And yes, they are much safer now. Ready to make some finger lickin’ wings?
Fall Off the Bone Wings in the Instant Pot
- 1 package pre-cooked frozen chicken wings*
- 1 jar barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoke flavoring
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- Add chicken wings, 3/4 of sauce, water, smoke flavoring, salt and pepper to the instant pot. Stir to coat chicken.
- Seal lid, ensuring vent valve is closed.
- Using manual setting, select 10 minutes.
- After the time is up, carefully release pressure following your instant pot's instruction manual.
- Open lid, stir the wings in the sauce and allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with dressing for dipping and lots of napkins.
*If using uncooked, frozen wings: increase cooking time to 15 minutes.