It’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time! This week, you will learn what failure has taught me, the best decision I ever made, and what card game you will find me playing. Wanna have some Hodgepodge fun with us? Answer the questions on your own blog and link up at Joyce’s and have some fun!
1. What lesson has failure taught you?
I am not sure I have really “failed” at anything. At least nothing I would consider a failure… definitely things haven’t gone the way I expected and I was disappointed… but, to consider it a failure… no. But, that being said… I tend to look at it as a learning experience and to never, ever give up. Failure is not the falling down; its the staying down.
2. What decision are you glad you made?
To go through the fertility treatments when we couldn’t get pregnant. Now, I have two wonderful children.
3. I’ve been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend’s Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
Heck no! I refuse to put the tree up this early. However, we do deck the halls the day after Thanksgiving.
4. Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid…which game of cards would you most like to join?
This would be a toss up between Go-Fish and Old Maid. Especially since the kids are that age… but, I also remember playing both those games with my grandpa when I was THEIR age too. However, I do play a mean game of rummy… and I have been playing that since I was 5 or 6. LOL.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog…When you’re feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the ‘can’t eat’ type?
I am definitely an eater. I do this “mindless eating” thing. I get something out of the fridge and literally lean against the sink and eat it… and I don’t even realize it until the “spell” is broken or something happens that brings me back to the present.
6. Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable?
I am actually one of those weird people that review alot of things online. I figure my experience could help someone else out. I have done both favorable and less than favorable.
7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday?
Hmmmmm. It would have to be with Bo. We were on the way home and he went off on this tangent on how he was going to grow up and live on a farm so he could drive a green tractor.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, tomorrow at pre-K is show and tell. The letter of the week is I. The item they bring has to start with I. Any suggestions? I came up with ice, ice cream, iron, Indian, igloo. You know, all practical things. LOL.