Don kept telling me about this delicious pasta he would get at work in the cafeteria. He described it as being an enchilada in a bowl. But, of course they stopped serving it. I kept telling him to try to recreate it and this weekend he finally gave me the ingredients for the grocery list. So, enjoy Don’s Enchilada Pasta Bowl. Its amazingly delicious and even better the next day!
Enchilada Pasta Bowl
- 1 pound chorizo
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 large can enchilada sauce
- 1 jar cheese sauce OR 3 packets Velveeta cheese sauce*
- In medium skillet, brown chorizo until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions on box.
- In a separate sauce pan, heat black beans over low heat for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- In a second sauce pan, heat enchilada sauce over low heat for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Stir cheese sauce into drained pasta. Stir in chorizo.
- To serve, place pasta in bowl, top with black beans, and pour enchilada sauce on top.
*Velveeta now makes the cheese packets available for sale without purchasing the macaroni and cheese dinners. For a tasty kick, try the jalapeno version. If this is unavailable, you can use a Velveeta cheese block and add milk as needed to reach the desired creaminess.