This delicious Egg White and Turkey Bacon Muffin is a quick breakfast and is perfect to grab-and-go on the way to work. In less than 10 minutes, you can have these assembled for the week and in the fridge and they are ready when you are. Totally customizable – eat them hot or cold, add your favorite goodies like cheese, veggies, seasonings or condiments – and you have a fast, healthy breakfast that is less calories than the scary clown fast food place!
Egg White and Turkey Bacon Muffin
- 4 English muffins
- 8 egg whites
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cheese toppings, condiments, optional
- Spray a medium size skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the egg whites and allow to begin to set up in the bottom of the pan. When the eggs begin to cook, begin slowly scrambling the egg whites.
- When the egg whites are still "wet" and not completely set, spread the eggs into an even layer and divide them into fourths. Using your spatula, arrange the eggs into a circular shape andpress each "patty" of eggs into the bottom of the pan and allow to sit for 30-45 seconds. Carefully, flip over each patty and let sit for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Season each egg patty with seasonings.
- Split open, layer egg patty on one side of muffin. Set aside.
- Cut each bacon strip in half (you should have 16 slices when done). In the same skillet, begin cooking the bacon. Continue cooking until desired crispness is achieved.
- On top of egg, layer 2 slices of bacon. Replace muffin top. Flip sandwich over and place 2 slices of bacon on opposite side of egg patty.
- Allow to cool slightly and wrap in aluminum foil for a quick grab-n-go breakfast.
- Note: Reheat in microwave (without foil!) for 30 seconds or until hot.
Add toppings as desired. I recommend adding them after reheating for best flavor and taste. Nutrition calculated using a white muffin and no toppings or condiments.