There is nothing better than a hot bowl of creamy tomato soup on a cold winter’s day – paired with a gooey, grilled cheese sandwich. It’s heaven. I was so tired of buying canned, condensed tomato soup – I wanted to try to make my own so I could make it healthier and sneak in some veggies in.
This recipe is so easy – it is literally four ingredients! I do caution you though – it is best when you buy the best ingredients you can afford. You can make this easy tomato soup with canned tomatoes – which is what I prefer, or with fresh tomatoes. If you use fresh tomatoes, I recommend coring and peeling them.
Ready for a great big bowl of deliciousness? Grab a grilled cheese and let’s eat!
WHAT IS IN THIS EASY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE?
This recipe is so easy… the hardest part is dicing the onion. And, to be honest, you can buy it pre-diced!
- Canned tomatoes
- Chicken OR vegetable stock
HOW TO MAKE EASY TOMATO SOUP
Add all the ingredients to a large soup pot. Simmer for 40 minutes and then blend.
WHAT TO TOP TOMATO SOUP WITH
- Onions or green onions
- Sour cream
- Fresh Basil
MORE FAVORITE SOUP RECIPES
If you are looking for more delicious soups, try one of these other recipes:
Easy Tomato Soup
- ½ cup butter
- 1 large onion cut into wedges and separated
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable OR chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in large soup pot or Dutch oven, over medium heat
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to simmer. Cook, uncovered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the soup and season to taste. Leaving the soup somewhat chunky is best. Blend the soup, and then season to taste. See notes for tips.