Happy Tuesday! Today I am sharing a super easy and delicious recipe for Swiss Steak. Now, there are two “schools of thought” when it comes to Swiss Steak – red gravy and brown gravy. This recipe calls for brown gravy… which, is the better of the two in my opinion. You can easily make this recipe with leftover steak or with cube steaks (or any other steak cut), chunked into pieces. However you decide to make it, this one is definitely a family favorite!
Easy Swiss Steak
- 1 pound steak choice of cuts, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried chives
- 1 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Egg noodles if desired
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onion and steak until desired doneness is achieved.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Sprinkle brown gravy packet mix onto steak and onion mixture and combine.
- Add golden mushroom soup and stir until dry mix is incorporated. Allow to come to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Serve steak mixture over hot egg noodles, if desired.
Are you a brown gravy or red gravy Swiss Steak fan?