I love chicken and dumplings, but who has time to roll out dough and cut dumplings on a busy weeknight? Not this girl. My friend taught me how to make these easy chicken and dumplings several years ago when we were living together and pretending to be adults. I’ve made them since. I am sure my grandma is rolling in her grave – she used to make her dumplings from scratch. But, these taste just as good as grandma’s.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tubes refrigerator biscuits
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs black pepper
- Fill large pot with water. Place chicken in pot and bring to boil over medium heat. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove chicken and shred. Set aside. Discard water.
- Refill pot with both cans of chicken broth, 2 can-fuls of water. Drop in bouillon and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, open and separate biscuits. Using a knife, cut each biscuit into 6-8 pieces.
- Place flour into large bowl. Drop each biscuit piece in the flour and stir until coated.
- When broth is boiling, drop biscuit pieces into pot a few at a time, until all have been added. Bring back to a boil, stirring often.
- Turn down heat; simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring often. Season with black pepper and salt. Stir to combine. Serve.