Sometimes, I get a hankering for caramel corn! Do you? Try this super-easy recipe for easy caramel popcorn. No corn syrup is needed! This recipe will keep for a few days in a sealed container, however, it will not last that long – it will be gone in a blink of an eye!
I love caramel corn, but I don’t like the packaged stuff at the store. It just doesn’t taste the same. This recipe is so easy, I can throw it together and have a bowl of deliciousness in no time! Plus, you can add your own twist using a whole plethora of mix-ins! Candy corn, anyone?
WHAT IS IN THIS DELICIOUS CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE?
This recipe is so simple, with just a few ingredients, it can be thrown together and ready to eat as soon as it cools.
- Popped popcorn
- Light brown sugar
- Baking soda
HOW TO MAKE EASY CARAMEL POPCORN
This recipe has two steps –making the syrup and letting it cool. First, you make the syrup on the stove, then fold it into the popped popcorn. Next, you spread out the gooey deliciousness onto a cookie sheet and allow the caramel to cool and harden.
- Mix-ins. Try M&Ms, nuts, pretzels, candy corn, trail mix or even dried fruit!
MORE FAVORITE SNACK RECIPES
If you are looking for more delicious snacks, try one of these other recipes:
Easy Caramel Popcorn
- 10 cups popped popcorn remove all unpopped kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter salted, sweet cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt popcorn, if needed, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, stirring, until mixed.
- Bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously.
- When boiling, allow mixture to cook for 4 minutes without stirring. At 4 minutes, add the vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- Boil for one more minute, then add the baking soda. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and drizzle the mixture on top of the popcorn. Fold popcorn and mixture together, until all kernals are coated.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Spread coated popcorn evenly on top and allow to cool.
- Add mix-ins, if using.