Have you ever gotten one of those gifts that someone wrapped beautifully – almost too pretty to open? They always have an amazing gift tag attached, right? Well, you can make your own easy birthday gift tag with some scraps and birthday candles – in less than 15 minutes! Jazz up the next birthday gift you give with this easy birthday gift tag and make a statement of your own!
Easy Birthday Gift Tag
3 unused cake candles
4 strands colored baker’s twine, 6″ each
1 large premade gift tag, white (6.75″ x 3.25″)
6″ printed ribbon
2.75″ x 5.5″ printed scrapbook paper
2.5″ x 5.25″ white card stock
2.25″ x 3.75″ printed scrapbook paper
2″ x 3.5″ white card stock
ink pad in a coordinating color
distressing sponge, optional
6 glue dots
- Using distressing sponge, ink edges of tag and all paper. (Or, run edges across ink pad to distress.)
- Stamp sentiment onto bottom of 2.5″ x 5.25″ white card stock.
- Adhere 2.75″ x 5.5″ printed scrapbook paper to gift tag, positioning as shown in photo.
- Adhere 2.5″ x 5.25″ white card stock as shown.
- Adhere 2.25″ x 3.75″ printed scrapbook paper as shown.
- Adhere 2″ x 3.5″ white card stock as shown.
- Lay baker’s twine flat with edges even. Place three cake candles in center and carefully tie in a knot while keeping candles flat and close together.
- Carefully, flip candles over. Adhere a glue dot to the top and bottom of each candle, on either side of the baker’s twine.
- Ensuring the candles are even at the bottom, carefully adhere to the center of the 2″ x 3.5″ white card stock.
- Tie baker’s twine in a bow and trim ends if needed.
- Loop ribbon through tag hole and tie or attach to gift.
Feel free to coordinate the papers, candles, ribbon and twine for your recipient or wrapping colors! Not bad for 15 minutes, huh?Tags: Card making, Crafts, Papercrafts, Scrapbooking