Dasher and Christmas Shopping
Wednesday Hodgepodge time! Read on to find out what reindeer name fits me this week, if it is loud or quiet in my world, and what I hate most about the holidays… if you haven’t joined us, answer the questions and link up! Its loads of fun!
1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.
This year, we are doing the Elf on a Shelf and an advent box calendar with candy. The kids know that the season is not only about Santa, but also Jesus’ birth. Of course, they think Jesus is also visiting Christmas Eve and we need to leave him a snack as well… four year olds are hilarious.
2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen…and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all…so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?
I would have to say Dasher. It seems like with Christmas and the end of the semester for school I am rushing around like a crazy woman.
3. What’s worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
Definitely too loud. Definitely too loud. The kids are wound up for Christmas and have been a little boisterous in the van on the way home from Nana’s house.
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they’ve committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
I firmly believe that if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself. Its hard for me to rely on others, especially if I know they have less knowledge or experience than me. Of course, on the other hand, it drives me nuts when someone railroads me on a project and takes over before I get a chance to do my tasks.
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
I hate to Christmas shop. I hate the people. The rudeness. The traffic. The commercialization. I. HATE. IT. My favorite holiday task is either decorating the house or baking cookies.
6. Facebook has released its list of the ‘most talked about’ topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
Hmmmm. With the kids, it is My Little Pony and Sonic the Hedgehog. The hubs and I discuss a million different subjects, so I am not sure I could narrow it down to the most discussed. Unless, it was money.
7. What’s something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
Having two computers in our house is definitely a necessity. We used to only have one until recently. The kids broke the monitor on my laptop and I was struggling to do homework while balancing the laptop against pillows and a stuffed penguin to hold the monitor. I got so fed up, I went and bought a “disposable” computer at Walmart. Now, the kids have “their” computer and I have “mine.”
8. Insert your own random thought here.
To the guy that was on my bumper all the way to work: If you would have backed off far enough to allow a little distance between my bumper and your bumper, you would have clearly seen the roads were not cleared off and potentially icy. Perhaps, that was why I slowed down. No, instead you road my bumper so close I couldn’t see your head lights and gave me obscene gestures the entire time. Hey, dude, guess what? My children’s safety is much more important than your need for speed on an icy, snow covered road. I hope you made it to work or wherever you were going this morning in one piece. It would be a shame if you couldn’t live the rest of your life as an idiot.
The elf on the shelf is cool. Running out of places to put that little guy though. Hmmm a necessity in our at house for bo and I anyways would have to be chicken in a biscuit crackers, mo and I definitely pickles lol not so much a luxury but for sure a necessity.