You know when you are eating healthy, sometimes you just get a hankering for something “bad” like fried chicken. I love fried chicken, but I can’t make it to save my life. So, in my search for healthy and easy fried chicken, I have tried using crackers, breadcrumbs, and cereal – but nothing was as crispy as good old chicken fried in oil. Until now…
Crispy Oven Chicken
- 1 pound skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 box flavored stuffing mix i.e. sage, chicken, etc
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Put stuffing mix in a large zipper bag. Pound until cubes are crunched up into desired size.
- Place milk in one bowl and stuffing crumbs in second bowl.
- Dip chicken tenderloins into milk, then into crumbs, ensuring crumbs cover chicken. Discard remaining stuffing mixture and milk.
- Place tenderloins in baking dish prepared with cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining tenderloins.
- Season with paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Nutrition calculated for reference only. Please recalculate using your specific ingredients.