When I do not have the kids, quick and simple dinners are my mainstay – this Crescent Roll Taco Pizza fits the bill perfectly! With some simple ingredients, and a few minutes, you can make this delicious pizza at home – quicker than running to the drive thru!
Crescent Roll Taco Pizza
A delicious and easy pizza recipe you can make faster than going through the drive-thru!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 -8 ounce cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 -14.5 oz can fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (or taco blend)
- 1 -14.5 oz can diced, no-salt added tomatoes drained
- 1 small can jalapenos (optional) drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives (optionaL) drained
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brown ground turkey, over medium heat, until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning, according to the packet directions.
Meanwhile, press crescent roll over bottom, and 1/2" up the sides of a jelly roll pan, to create the crust. Seal seams well. Prick with fork.
Bake crust at 375°F, for 11-13 minutes or until just golden brown. Remove from oven.
Microwave refried beans, in microwave safe bowl, for 1 minute or until heated through. Stir completely.
Carefully, spread beans onto crust, creating a thin layer. Evenly top with cooked turkey. Sprinkly with cheese. Top with tomatoes and black olives.
Return to oven for 3-6 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and immediately top with jalapenos and green onions.
Cut into 12 squares. Each serving is 2 squares.
Feel free to top with other toppings, as desired – guacamole, onions, taco sauce, etc.