Having kids, we eat a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches. Since Nana bought us a panini maker, I have been experimenting with different “gourmet” grilled cheeses. When I sampled a creamy grilled cheese at a local restaurant, I knew I had to create something similar for Don and I… Creamy White Cheddar Grilled Cheese. This amazingly gooey and delicious grilled cheese will make you forget you are eating a quick meal that is usually for kids. The contrast between the toasted bread and the creaminess of the cheese is amazing. Enjoy.
Creamy White Cheddar Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons onion and chive cream cheese
- 2 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- Spread 1/2 Tablespoon of butter on one side of both pieces of bread.
- On the side opposite of the butter, spread 1 Tablespoon cream cheese on each slice.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down in a skillet (medium-heat) or panini maker.
- Top cream cheese with two slices of white cheddar cheese.
- Place second slice of bread on top, butter up.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until desired toasty-ness is achieved. Flip carefully and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes.