Creamy pepperoni pasta is a fun twist on traditional pasta with red sauce. The white, creamy sauce has amazing flavor with garlic, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, and pepperoni. Sophisticated enough for mom and dad, but gooey and yummy enough for the kids. Even better, you can make this as healthy as you want with low fat or fat free milk and cheese and turkey pepperoni! And trust me, it is better the next day as leftovers!
Creamy Pepperoni Pasta
- 1 box pasta bow ties or other shape
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 1 package pepperoni diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 package cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack or casserole cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile saute onions, peppers, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil. When tender-crisp, stir in pepperoni and mix well.
- Drain pasta. To empty pot, add soup, milk, vegetable and pepperoni mixture. Stir well.
- Add pasta to pot and stir.
- Add cheese and stir until combined.
- Slowly add chicken broth until desired consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer until heated through.
- Prior to serving, gently fold in cherry tomatoes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.