By now, you probably know how much Don and I love anything spicy. I always say, “If I am not crying, its not hot enough.” (Just for the record, this is the fault of my brother-in-law Steve… he got me hooked on hot sauce – in fact, my sister-in-law used to carry a bottle in her purse – and it went down hill from there.) In my never ending quest for spicy… I tend to create dishes to meet the need. Today’s recipe for creamy buffalo chicken sandwiches is one of those creations.
Personally, at this point my taste buds are fried, so buffalo sauce is not that spicy to me. But what kicks this dish over the edge is the creaminess of the bleu cheese crumbles. That’s right… I mixed in the bleu cheese and took it to a whole new level. You ready to experience this?
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small bottle hot sauce
- 1 container bleu cheese crumbles
- 3 stalks green onions sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Boil chicken in large pot filled with water.
- Drain water. Using two forks, shred chicken into small pieces.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in container of bleu cheese crumbles, until just starting to melt.
- Serve immediately.