Several years ago, I went to a picnic and made a Cowboy Casserole recipe that I found from an old cooking magazine. As soon as a very special friend tasted it, she claimed it was my “go-to recipe” from now on. Since then, I have made this delicious casserole every time I needed to bring something to a get-together.
The best part of Cowboy Casserole is that it can be made on the stove, made in the oven, or even thrown in the crockpot!
WHAT IS IN COWBOY CASSEROLE?
Au Gratin potatoes
HOW TO MAKE COWBOY CASSEROLE
Make the potatoes per the box instructions, then mix it all together! It’s that simple!
MORE FAVORITE RECIPES
If you are looking for more delicious recipes, try one of these:
- 2 boxes Au Gratin potatoes
- Ingredients needed for Au Gratin potatoes butter, milk, water, etc
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 package bacon pieces not Bacon-bits
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs dried chives
- Cook the Au Gratin potatoes per the box directions.
- After the potatoes are tender, and before the sauce thickens too much, add the drained corn, bacon pieces (watch for that little freshness packet, I learned that the hard way) and half the shredded cheese.
- Stir until well blended and then add your salt, pepper, and 1 Tbs chives.
- Spoon into a spray-oiled 13 x 9 dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and remaining chives and bake at 350° F until the cheese melts and begins to get bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Serve cold. It’s up to you.