My recipe for Cowboy Casserole is my go-to recipe for carry ins, get togethers, holidays, and any other excuse I can come up with to make it. It is so darn good… its good hot, cold, and even better the next day! I know this is the world’s worst picture… but it is soooo good. Feel free to buy generic or “off-brand” potatoes to make this… it cooks up deliciously. If you are taking it for a carry-in, make the potatoes on the stove, stir in all the cheese and the chives, then throw it in your crock pot on low. This is a perfect side for Thanksgiving too!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2-3 boxes Au Gratin potatoes
- Ingredients needed for Au Gratin potatoes butter, milk, water, etc
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 package bacon pieces not Bacon-bits
- 1 package shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoonse dried chives
- Cook the Au Gratin potatoes per the box directions.
- After the potatoes are tender, and before the sauce thickens too much, add the drained corn, bacon pieces (watch for that little freshness packet, I learned that the hard way) and half the shredded cheese.
- Stir until well blended and then add your salt, pepper, and 1 Tbs chives.
- Spoon into a spray-oiled 13 x 9 dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and remaining chives and bake at 350 degrees F until the cheese melts and begins to get bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Serve cold. It's up to you.
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Vitamin A 0IU0%
Vitamin C 0mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.