Back in 1995, Country Choice® arrived on the scene at the Organic Food Expo with some cookies and a vision. Almost 20 years later, they are offering a variety of organic products that include cookies, instant oatmeal, regular oatmeal and more! They have also introduced a new line of gluten-free oats. Now, I know oatmeal is already gluten free. But, did you know that most oatmeal products are usually grown and processed near gluten products? However, Country Choice® has created a farm to table approach that minimized gluten exposure. Plus, they have been certified organic!
As you know, I am suffering from a “dropped my phone in water and now I am phoneless” period. So, unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures of the delicious cookies I made with Country Choice’s® Organic Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats. But, let’s put it this way… my kids LOVED them and they don’t like oatmeal cookies. So here’s the recipe sans picture!
Delicious Organic Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Country Choice Organic Old-Fashioned Oats
- Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, then add slowly to creamed butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; add to creamed sugar mixture and combine well.
- Add oats and stir well.
- Chill covered dough for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, roll cookie dough into balls and place 2" apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Using a fork dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack.
We also tried the Country Choice® Organic Instant Oatmeal in Maple & Brown Sugar and Apple Cinnamon. Oh my. YUM. The apple cinnamon is to die for. Wait, so is the Maple & Brown Sugar! You have to try them both.
You can find Country Choice® Organic oatmeal at your local organic food store. You can also order it directly from their website or through Amazon. There are even whole-grain options! And, for some fun, healthy activities for your kids, check out Country Choice’s® Fit Kids Corner for information, games, coloring pages, and more!
Head over to Country Choice’s® website to learn more! Also, catch them on Facebook and Twitter!
This momma gives Country Choice® Organic two thumbs up!
In exchange for this post, I received Country Choice® products to sample. All opinions and statements are my own and were not influenced in any way by the compensation received. Please see my disclosure for more information.