This is one of my favorite cards I have made in a while. Depending on the paper and sentiment you used, you really could go any direction with it. Maybe a sympathy card using muted printed paper, or even a birthday card. It was so much fun to make… I entered it in the fair and won 2nd Place.
Sentiment stamp OR rub-on
Tree silhouette stamp
Black Staz-on ink pad
Coordinating card stock
Neutral card stock for base
Small piece fine grit sand paper
Various ink colors (I used orange, blue, brown, yellow and red)
Ink sponge or dauber
Die cutting machine
Fancy labels dies
6 pop dots
- Cut neutral card stock into a 8.5″ x 5.5″ rectangle. Fold in half and crease well.
- Cut printed paper into a 5.25″ x 4.25″ rectangle. Adhere to front of card as shown in picture.
- Using dauber or sponge, smear ink in a sunrise/sunset overlapping pattern on white card stock. See photo for example.
- Using die cut machine, cut out fancy label from the white card stock, and a larger fancy label from the solid coordinating card stock.
- Lightly sand the top and sides/edges of the white fancy label to create a distressed look. Dust card off.
- Using black Staz-on, stamp trees in center of fancy label and allow to dry.
- Adhere the solid fancy label and distressed fancy label together as shown.
- Apply rub-on or stamp sentiment to front of card.
- Tie a single knot in ribbon scrap and adhere to front below sentiment.
- Pop dot fancy label combination to front center of card.
- Adhere four rhinestones to bottom right of printed paper.