Now, don’t be turned off by the fact that this has beans in it… it is truly delicious! This is perfect to throw together on a chilly night. Serve it with some garlic bread and you have a meal!
Chuck Wagon Beans
- 1 pound ground turkey OR ground beef
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can chili beans undrained
- 1 can Northern beans drained
- 1 large 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper optional
- jalapenos optional
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Prepare macaroni per package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown ground meat and onions until meat is no longer pink.
Stir in black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper.
Drain macaroni and return to pot. Add meat mixture, beans, tomatoes, and sauce. Combine and allow to simmer over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.
Stir in jalapenos, if desired.
Serve topped with shredded cheese.