Chocolate crescent rolls oozing with creamy chocolate and topped with snowy, powdered sugar. How can you go wrong with this delicious treat? From the start to finish, they take about 20 minutes and are a perfect recipe for getting the little ones involved in the kitchen.
These delicious chocolate crescent rolls started as a homework assignment in French class for my brother. At the last minute, he remembered he needed a treat for the next day’s class.
Somewhere, he came up with wanting to take in “French pastries” to share during their potluck. After a quick run to the store, he came home with crescent roll dough, Hershey nugget bars and powdered sugar… and 20 minutes later, Jeff’s French Pastries were a thing. A very yummy thing.
We’ve made them ever since.
Recently, I introduced the twins to this chocolate deliciousness. They love helping with rolling up (and eating) the chocolate bars, putting them in the oven to bake, and then dusting with powdered sugar. Quick and simple, it is an easy (and delicious) way to get kids into the kitchen.
Chocolate Crescent Rolls
- 1 roll crescent roll dough separated and unrolled
- 10 pieces Hershey chocolate nuggets unwrapped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare baking sheet as per crescent roll package directions.
- Place one chocolate nugget on the wide end of each crescent roll triangle. Roll dough over chocolate and towards pointed end. Press lightly to seal end.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.