Oh boy, do I have a little bit of Heaven on earth in this recipe. Chocolate chip cookie bars. With a cake mix. No kidding. So very, very good and gooey and yummy and chocolatey. The simplicity of this recipe is going to knock you over… its just a few ingredients that you might already have on hand! Think of the possibilities… M&M’s, peanut butter chips, peanut butter and chocolate chips, butterscotch chips…. you’re welcome.
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1 egg beaten
- 2-3 Tablespoons water
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips or M&M's, peanut butter chips, etc
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and butter together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- At this point, depending on how the dough is, you might need to add 2-3 Tablespoons of water to get it to a thick, cookie-dough-like consistency.
- With wet hands, spread the cookie batter evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Allow to cool completely prior to cutting.