There is nothing like a chicken quesadilla and pico de gallo. This chicken quesadilla and pico de gallo is delicious and quick! I have literally been perfecting my pico recipe for years… and I think I nailed it. Now, I am saving you the trouble and sharing it! Enjoy!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups reserved chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 burrito-sized tortillas
- Place chicken in large pot. Cover with water and add salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Drain chicken when no longer pink, reserving 2 cups of chicken broth from pot.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly and shred.
- Return shredded chicken to pot and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Stir.
- Slowly add chicken broth until chicken is moist and taco seasoning is incorporated (you do not want it to be soupy.)
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.
- Place 1 tortilla shell in bottom of pan, cover entire tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese. Spoon shredded chicken mixture on top.
- Cover with another 1/4 cup of cheese and place second tortilla shell on top.
- Allow quesadilla to cook until tortilla is crisp on one side, approximately 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn over quesadilla and cook an additional 3-4 minutes on opposite side.
- Cut into triangles and serve with pico de gallo.
Pico de Gallo
- Equal amounts of: diced roma tomatoes diced red onion, and fresh, chopped cilantro.
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar
- 4-8 jarred jalapeno slices diced
- Combine all ingredients except sugar.
- Test pico and adjust seasonings (salt and sugar) to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, preferably overnight.