This week’s recipe is Chicken Dumpling Casserole. And, I am sure my grandma is rolling in her grave… but, I almost think this dish is better than “regular” chicken and dumplings. It is just as creamy and yummy, but it has this baked flavor to it that is out of this world. I definitely hope you try this one!
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. In 9 x 13 baking dish, melt 1/2 stick of butter by placing the butter in the dish and placing it in the preheated oven.
- Spread shredded chicken over butter.
- Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Do not stir.
- Mix milk and Bisquick.
- Spoon over chicken. Do not stir.
- Whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth and soup.
- Spoon over Bisquick layer. Do not stir.
- Bake casserole for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown