One night when Don and I were at dinner in Sandusky, I had this delicious chicken burrito bowl that was so fresh and yummy… I knew I had to figure out how to recreate it at home. The best part is this is customizable with anything you would want to put on a taco or a burrito! You can’t beat that when feeding your family and their varied preferences! I’d love to tell you how it is the next day, but someone (Don, ahem…) dumped out my bowl before I could get it into a container for work. Oh well… we will be having these again soon! Enjoy!
Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- Brown rice - to make 4 servings per package directions
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 Tablespoons chipotle ranch salad dressing
- Cook chicken breasts in 400 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Slice lengthwise and set aside.
- Heat corn in microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat black beans in microwave-safe bowl.
- In bowl, layer 1 serving of rice, chicken slices, corn, black beans, tomatoes, onions, avocados and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of chipotle ranch salad dressing.