Hello! I’m Elizabeth, and I’m here to share some brown bag lunch ideas today on behalf of the quick dinner ideas site, ReadySetEat. Are you getting tired of making the same old lunches for your kids every day? Brown bag lunches, whether they’re for kids or adults, can get repetitive, but they don’t have to! Take a look at some of these take-to-work or take-to-school possibilities:
- Salads Salads can be packed in special plastic containers that can make taking a salad to work really easy. Throw some spinach, hearts of artichoke, black olives, and shredded carrots together, and you have a great healthy salad. Don’t forget to pack your favorite dressing, too!
- Hummus Either pack a small amount of hummus in a reusable plastic container or buy single servings of hummus in disposable packs. Bring cut up pieces of pita or vegetables for dipping.
- Unique Sandwiches Sandwiches can be delicious; sometimes a little imagination is all that is required. Try a breakfast-for-lunch sandwich by taking a fried egg and topping it with some cheddar cheese and turkey bacon on a whole wheat English muffin. Another way to make a regular sandwich more fun would be to add pesto or flavored mayonnaise.
- Healthier Cookies Cookies that can be eaten for breakfast have become all the rage, but why can’t you eat them as a better-for-you dessert at lunch? No bake cookies are also a good option for a healthier dessert. Here’s a simple recipe for no bake cookies if you haven’t tried them before:
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons Peter Pan® Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and milk in 4-cup glass measure or medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until boiling, stirring once.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats until combined. Drop by spoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined plate to make 6 cookies. Cool in freezer 10 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these lunch ideas!
This is a guest post by Elizabeth on behalf of ReadySetEat. All information, photos, and opinions are used with permission. No compensation was received in exchange for this post.
Tags: Easy Recipes