Today’s Black and Bleu Quesadillas is one of those recipes that when you try it you think, “Why didn’t I ever think of that?” I can’t take all the credit though, I was flipping through a cookbook and came across a black and bleu salad with roast beef and bleu cheese. For some reason it stuck in my head and I decided to morph it into a quesadilla. So, here it is. And you are going to love it…
Black and Bleu Quesadillas
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onions
- 8 whole wheat tortillas 8"
- 8 ounces deli roast beef
- 4 Tablespoons bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Lay one tortilla flat in the skillet.
- Top tortilla with 1/8 cup shredded cheese,
- Layer 2 ounces of roast beef on top of cheese.
- Top beef with 1/8 cup diced red onion.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon bleu cheese crumbles on top of onion.
- Add 1/8 cup shredded cheese to top and cover with second tortilla.
- Allow to heat until desired crispness. (approximately 2 minutes results in a crispy but not crisp shell).
- Carefully flip quesadilla over. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into wedges.
- Repeat with next quesadilla.