Today’s barbecue ham sandwich recipe was one of those ideas – “Hmmm… wonder if that would be good.” So, I tried making it and oh my… was it delicious! The best part is, there is no right or wrong way to make it and it jazzes up a boring old ham sandwich into something scrumptious! I love how easy it is to customize to your family’s tastes! Plus, you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now! Enjoy!
Barbecue Ham Sandwich
- 1 pound sliced ham
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 onion diced finely (optional)
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, saute onion until slightly tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Add ham, separating pieces, to skillet. Stir ham every 60-90 second to ensure it does not stick or burn. If the ham still seems to stick, add a small amount of water to the pan.
- When ham is hot, add barbecue sauce and stir to coat ham slices.
- Add seasonings and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Allow barbecue sauce to heat and thicken slightly, 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings!