Today’s recipe for Asiago Chicken is one that I made awhile ago. This recipe is so quick and easy, but it tastes like you spent hours slaving over a hot oven. And, to me… that makes it a perfect recipe. (Don’t be telling anyone my secret!) There are several version of Asiago Chicken, but I like this one because its baked. And, oh so gooey with all the Asiago cheese and mushrooms. My mouth is watering!
Baked Asiago Chicken & Tickle My Tastebuds #9
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carton sliced mushrooms cleaned
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Place one chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper. Pound with a mallet or rolling pin until about 3/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Arrange chicken in 9 x 13" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute mushroom slices until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, remove pan from oven. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide mushrooms among the chicken breasts and then top each breast with 1/8 cup Asiago cheese.
- Place pan in oven to melt cheese, approximately 2 minutes.