Today’s recipe for Bacon, Onion & Swiss Pork Chops is delicious – and made of whole, healthy foods. Like I promised, my recipes are going to begin to reflect Don and I’s commitment to eating healthy, whole, less-processed foods. This is one of the first recipes I am sharing. Check back next week for a delicious recipe for a side dish that would go great with these pork chops!
Bacon Onion and Swiss Pork Chops
- 4 pork loin chops boneless (about 1 lb)
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 slices all-natural Swiss cheese
- 4 slices uncured bacon diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Broil pork loin chops for 5-6 minutes per side, approximately 4-5 inches from heat. Pork should no longer be pink and internal temperature should be 145 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Add bacon pieces and onion to skillet, separating onion rings into individual pieces.
- Continue to cook onion and bacon until onion is translucent and bacon is done.
- Remove pork from oven, place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on each pork loin chop. Allow to melt slightly.
- Divide onion and bacon mixture evenly over each chop.
Nutrition calculated using Spark People's Recipe Calculator and is provided for guidance only. Please recalculate using your specific ingredients.