I thought I would share a second recipe this week for Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta in celebration of Red Gold’s Sweepstakes. If you don’t know anything about Red Gold and their products, they started in 1942 as a family business and are located in Indiana. Their passion is tomatoes. I have actually been by their packing plant and oh my, the smells coming from there… sorry. Anyways, Red Gold is having a Summer Grillin’ Party and want you to get in on the fun!
Red-Gold is giving away 1000 Red Gold Aprons each week and 1 lucky winner will receive the grand prize of a Big Green Egg Grill! How cool is that?! You can click here to enter!
Now, you might not know, but Red Gold also has other tomato-based products besides just canned tomatoes. They offer ketchup, spaghetti sauce, salsa, beans, juice and other tomato-based items. And, if you haven’t tried the Mama Selita’s Jalapeno Ketchup. Oh my. Out of this world! I used it in the recipe below. Yummy. They also have an extensive recipe database that features their products. And, of course… try my recipe below featuring both Red Gold Diced Tomatoes and Mama Selita’s Jalapeno Ketchup.
- 1 can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Mama Selita's Jalapeno Ketchup
- 1 can Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5-6 slices bacon, diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- Brown hamburger in skillet. Add bacon and cook until both meats are done.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes, Red Gold Tomato Sauce, and the tomato soup (undiluted). Stir to incorporate.
- Allow to heat for 5-6 minutes, then stir in bacon and ground beef mixture.
- Stir in mustard and Mama Selita's Jalapeno Ketchup.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with cheddar cheese.
If you are on Twitter, make sure you join the Red Gold Summer Grillin’ Party using the #RGPARTY hashtag!
Also, make sure you check out the yummy recipes linked up below!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary apron and tomato products from Red Gold in exchange for this post, recipe using Red Gold products, and promotion of their Summer Grillin’ Party.