Today’s Tasty Tuesday Recipe is Bacon Cheeseburger Bake. Very similar to my Cowboy Casserole, which is a side dish, this recipe stands on its own for a one-dish dinner. Super simple to throw together – it is so filling and delicious. It’s even good the next day for leftovers! Enjoy!
- 2 packages Au Graten potatoes
- Ingredients to make Au Graten potatoes per package
- 1 pound ground beef OR ground turkey
- 1 package bacon pieces OR 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes per package directions, using stove-top method. Allow sauce to thicken after pan is removed from heat.
- Meanwhile, brown hamburger and onions until no longer pink.
- Season meat mixture with pepper and stir in the Ketchup and bacon pieces.
- In the bottom of a 9 x 13″ casserole dish, prepared with cooking spray, spread the Au Graten potatoes.
- Top the potatoes with the meat mixture, spreading evenly.
- Layer tomato slices on top.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until cheese is bubbly.
Keep an eye out! I am now a permanent co-host of Anyonita’s Tasty Tuesday blog hop, starting in December! Super excited to be a part of her hop! Go show her some love!