You know how some days you just get tired of chicken? And plain pork chops are so boring! I decided to kick it up a bit and came up with these Bacon and White Cheddar Pork Chops. I mean… bacon, tomatoes, and white cheddar cheese… how could it be wrong? These are perfect in the oven, but you could easily throw these on the grill also! Enjoy.
Bacon and White Cheddar Cheese Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops 4 oz each
- 1 can diced tomatoes flavored with garlic and herbs, drained
- 1 package bacon pieces
- 1 wedge white cheddar cheese shredded fresh
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pork chops in a single layer in a 13 x 9" baking dish prepared with cooking spray. Season chops with garlic salt and pepper.
- Bake pork chops covered, for approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pork chop. The chops are done when a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Remove dish and turn off oven. Top with 1 tablespoon of bacon pieces, 1-2 tablespoons of tomatoes, and 1 Tablespoon of shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Return to warm oven for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.