Mmmmm. Bacon and tomato shells. If you are like us, you eat a lot of macaroni and cheese. The kids love it, will eat it without complaints and it is quick and simple to make. But, we are so tired of it… macaroni and cheese is usually a quick meal for us when things are crazy or it is the weekend. Awhile back, I tried to start creating more “adult versions” of typical kid fare and this mac and cheese hits the mark. So, go ahead and open that box of creamy goodness… make the adult version. You’ll be glad you did.
- 1 package deluxe macaroni and cheese
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1 package bacon pieces
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, optional
- Prepare macaroni and cheese per package directions.
- When mac and cheese is done, stir in tomatoes, bacon and seasonings.
- Mix well and allow to simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
Want other “adult versions” of kids’ fare? Check out these recipes: