My recipe for Bacon and Roasted Pepper Penne with Feta is amazing. It’s delicious hot or cold and would be perfect as a summer salad at your Memorial Day picnic! Enjoy!
Bacon and Roasted Pepper Penne with Feta
Author: Julia - www.minivandreams.com
A delicious and easy recipe for Bacon and Roasted Red Pepper Penne with Feta. It's delicious hot or cold and would be perfect as a summer salad for your next picnic!
- 1-16 oz package penne, whole grain or regular
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 container feta cheese crumbles
- 1 package bacon pieces/crumbles (not bacon bits)
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in a nonstick skillet until tender-crisp. Add diced red peppers and bacon. Stir to combine and allow to heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot and add pepper and bacon mixture.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and juice into pot. Allow to simmer 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Toss with feta cheese just before serving.
If using as a pasta salad, allow pasta mixture to cool completely. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. Toss with feta cheese prior to serving.
Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes