My recipe for Bacon and Roasted Pepper Penne with Feta is amazing. It’s delicious hot or cold and would be perfect as a summer salad at your Memorial Day picnic! Enjoy!
Bacon and Roasted Pepper Penne with Feta
- 1-16 oz package penne whole grain or regular
- 1 jar roasted red peppers diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 container feta cheese crumbles
- 1 package bacon pieces/crumbles not bacon bits
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in a nonstick skillet until tender-crisp. Add diced red peppers and bacon. Stir to combine and allow to heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot and add pepper and bacon mixture.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and juice into pot. Allow to simmer 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Toss with feta cheese just before serving.