Arroz con Pollo
I love ordering Arroz con Pollo in restaurants. I love the mix of flavors and heat that goes into the dish. I will never be that good of a cook, but… this is a pretty darn good rendition of this dish! It takes about an hour in the oven, but you can throw it together and forget about it until it is time to eat. Serve it with a little (OR ALOT) of jalapeno peppers and you are good to watch the game!
WHAT IS IN ARROZ CON POLLO?
These flavors combine in an amazing, gooey way to make a big pan of deliciousness!
- chicken broth
- tomato sauce
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY CASSEROLE
Layer all the ingredients in a baking dish and bake.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ARROZ CON POLLO
- Street corn
- Guacamole and chips
MORE FAVORITE CASSEROLE RECIPES
If you are looking for more delicious casserole recipes, try one of these other recipes:
Arroz con Pollo
- 1-3/4 cups instant rice brown OR white
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 ounces
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Jalapenos if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread uncooked rice in the bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and black pepper and arrange on top of rice.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with jalapenos, if desired.
Hello cute lady! It is always a pleasure to party with you each week. I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. We would love to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls
The more jalapenos the better. Pretty good dish, was worth the cook time
Thanks for featuring my blondies!
Arroz Con Pollo is my favorite dish to order in Mexican Restaurants. My husband is sweet and tries to make me the type his mom always made, but it’s not the same. I never say anything because I can’t turn down the fact that he is actually cooking for me. I’ve been looking a long time for something that was like what I get at the restaurants. I found your recipe and can’t explain how happy I am. I added mushrooms and used the full bottle of picante sauce and it turned out perfectly. The only thing different I would do is saute the vegetable first to make them a bit more soft. It made a huge batch at work and everyone was asking to try it and wanted the recipe. Thank you!
This looks delicious! Is there a certain brand of picante sauce you would recommend?
I always buy Pace, but I am sure anything would work!