My recipe for Apple Sausage Couscous evokes the coolness of fall, the crispness of walking in leaves, and the yummyness of apple pie. Except, its supposed to be 90 degrees today and I am so over summer I could spit nails. I stumbled across a sale on couscous at the store this weekend and decided it would be good for lunch, but I couldn’t decide what to fix with it. Fall is my favorite season and I am ready for football… and what screams fall more than apples?
This quick and delicious recipe uses a box of couscous, a package of turkey kielbasa, all-natural applesauce, brown sugar, and garlic. It wraps it up nice and neat in an apple sweetness package that pairs perfectly with the couscous! Enjoy!
Apple Sausage Couscous
- 1 box couscous
- 1 package turkey kielbasa
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups chunky all natural apple sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Dice turkey kielbasa into 1" chunks. Place in slower cooker on low.
- Add applesauce, brown sugar and garlic. Mix well,
- Allow to cook for approximately 2 hours on low.
- Prepare couscous per package instructions, using olive oil instead of butter.
- Serve apple sausage mixture on top of couscous.