People, go buy an air fryer right now. I LOVE MINE. I have never, ever, ever been able to make fried chicken… until now. Grab your air fryer and make these healthier air fried chicken legs! They are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Serve them with some mashed potatoes and dinner is done.
Air Fried Chicken Legs
- 1 lb chicken legs
- 3/4 cup pickle juice from pickle jar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chicken rub I used Aldi's Brew Pub Rub OR 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder
- Rinse chicken. Place in gallon size zipper bag with pickle juice; allow to marinate 30 minutes to two hours.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Prepare air fryer basket with spray oil.
- Place beaten eggs in bowl. Place flour and seasonings in second bowl. Dip chicken in beaten egg, then dredge in flour.
- Place chicken legs in air fryer basket in single layer (do not crowd them - you might need to make two batches to fry all the chicken )
- Spray chicken with spray oil. Close up air fryer and set timer for 10 minutes.
- When 10 minutes is done, flip chicken over. Spray second side with oil and continue cooking another 10 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.