Advice for My Teenage Self
Advice for my teenage self? Oh jeez… where do I start? It’s Monday and it’s Listicles time! Listicles makes Mondays ALMOST worth getting up for. This week’s topic is 10 Things You’d Tell your Teenage Self as suggested by Colletta. Next week’s topic is 10 Traditions as suggested by my blog-buddy Christine. (Make sure you go check out her new blog header that I made her!)
10 Things You’d Tell Your Teenage Self
- Stay in marching band. Don’t get mad and drop out before your senior year.
- When the students in history class gang up on you and buy you a toothbrush and sand paper as a “Christmas present”. And when you complain to the teacher, he laughs and does nothing. Don’t listen to your mom about the teacher being a “nice guy because he is a Mason.” Turn him and the students in to the principal.
- Don’t get a burr up your butt about being accepted to a prestigious college. Go to Rio Grande like you planned and become a teacher like you wanted.
- Go bowling with your brother every time he asks.
- Hang out at Mrs. Grusenmeyer’s house more.
- Sneaking out of a hotel in Sandusky by belly crawling down a hallway, and then proceeding to walk down a busy highway to a gas station that is a mile away and no one knowing where you are… is probably not a good idea.
- Never date the cousin or any other relative of your so-called best friend.
- Don’t trust anyone 100%. They are going to prove themselves as not worthy.
- Question authority. Always.
- Be nice to the kids who don’t have friends or anyone to sit with at lunch.
Your lists leaves me wanting more details about some of these events! 😉 I think I see future blog post opportunities.
So, #2 – what in the world?? That one needs a follow-up story. Wow. Just wow.
#10 – so so true. If we could only teach children this earlier and more widespread I think we would see a big decrease in the bullying and violence amongst students. We hate/bully/fight what we don’t understand. Such great advice.
#10 is very good I hope we can teach our kids to be nice to everyone. I know we can teach them just hope they listen lol. I tHink I would have told my teenage self to save up all your money don’t buy anything and by the time your 25 you’ll have one bad fast race car. Pay better attention in school to, you actually might use the knowledge one day.
I can’t tell all my secrets!
You have no idea. Maybe I will share one day…
I wish I had the money we used to blow through when we were living at home.
Wow, sounds like you had some rough times in high school.
And why, exactly, did you belly crawl out of the hotel? Worried people were looking through the peepholes at you? 🙂