10 Museums I Want to Visit
Happy International Museum Day! Bet you didn’t know there was such a thing, huh? If you have some time today and are looking for something fun to do, check around at your local museums. Many museums are offering free admission for today! How cool is that? Growing up, we spent a lot of time in museums. I’ve been to some interesting ones and some not so interesting ones. This morning on the way to work I was trying to think of the worst museum I ever went to, but I really couldn’t come up with anything. I love museums and I love history. So, in honor of International Museum Day, I am going to share my 10 Museums I Want to Visit.
- Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History (I want to visit Julia Child’s kitchen!)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water – I know, technically, this isn’t a museum
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Vasa Museum in Sweden
- The Louvre
- Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Children’s Museum in Indianapolis (I am dying to take the twins there! I’ve been there several times.)
- Don Garlit’s Museum of Drag Racing
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Graceland Museum and Mansion (What can I say?)
I have been to more than half of these! We love museums, too.
I’ve even been to Frank Lloyd Wright’s house.
If you ever manage to make it to Indy to go to the museum, LET ME KNOW! We are members. 🙂
#8 for sure. Is COSI a museum? be a fun place to take the kids