It’s Monday and I am dragging. I don’t know why… I went to bed at a reasonable time and slept pretty well. Probably just because I know it is going to be a rainy, icky Monday. This week’s Monday Listicles topic is 10 Moments I Will Never Forget. Next week’s topic? 10 Things Halloween. That one will be fun… Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!
10 Moments I Will Never Forget
- Hearing my name announced for my associates’ degree. It took me 6 years, one class at a time, to get it.
- Standing on the track for the Star Spangled Banner at Indianapolis Raceway Park minutes before I would go down the track at Bracket Finals.
- Seeing Dr. Egbert lift up the babies after she took them out of my belly during my c-section.
- During the first ultrasound at 6 weeks, the resident saying “there’s two.”
- It snowing on the way to the cemetery for my dad’s graveside services. In October.
- The last time I saw my brother he said “Come here and give me a kiss, you never know when you might see me again.”
- Don telling me he had cancer.
- Hearing the kids say “Mama” for the first time.
- Seeing the Porsche GT being delivered while working at the car dealership (We are talking gloves, dust suits, red carpet…)
- The night the SWAT team raided the house down the street from Don and I’s first house.
What moments will you never forget?