I think white chicken enchiladas is one of my favorite make-at-home Mexican dishes. It is so simple and delicious. I’d probably eat them once a week if I could get away with it. You can make these white chicken enchiladas as spicy or mild as you want, and can easily mix it up using different types of cheeses (especially, if your husband brings home the wrong kind of cheese and makes your white chicken enchiladas recipe for Tasty Tuesday look a little non-white. Ahem.) I hope you love this one as much as I do!
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken
- 2 can cream of chicken soup, 99% fat free
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 6 burrito-sized tortilla shells
- 3-4 Tablespoons jalapenos, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- In large bowl, combine 1 can soup, 8 ounces of sour cream, shredded chicken, jalapenos, 1 cup cheese, and green onions until combined.
- Place 1/6th of mixture in the center of each burrito shell. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13×9″ baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In the same bowl, mix second can of soup and remainder of sour cream together until smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of enchiladas in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and place back in oven for 3-4 minutes to allow cheese to melt.