Happy Wednesday! Happy November! While you are reading my answers to this week’s Wednesday Hodgepodge, I am probably working my fingers to the bone on month end at work. All in an effort to get my stuff done so I can head to Charlotte this weekend for the World of Outlaw Finals. I can’t wait. I have tons of packing to do, so let’s get right to the Wednesday Hodgepodge, shall we?
1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn’t have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?
I did decorate for Halloween. It is my favorite holiday, so I tend to decorate almost as much as I do for Christmas. We did pick pumpkins and carve them. We trick or treated and passed out candy. So far, I haven’t gotten into the leftover candy – but the night is young.
2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate.
I am waiting for Thursday night when I first catch sight of the Sprints and Late Models at The Dirt Track at Charlotte.
3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.
I wish I were more athletic. I am the girl who ducks when the ball gets thrown. I have never been good at any sports except for power lifting.
4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper?
I used to be a do it myselfer, but the last time I hired a guy here in town. He painted both kids’ rooms, the dining room and the hallway. I think my next project will be the bathroom. I hate wallpaper. I have this ugly blue plaid wallpaper that is in my living room and I want it taken down. Any helpers?
5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?
I would have to say spending time with friends and family – we took the kids and Danielle to pick pumpkins and eat lunch.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We just sat outside passing out candy for Halloween and I don’t think my butt will ever thaw out. It was 32 degrees… and I was sitting on cold concrete.