Welcome to the summer edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. What is Wednesday Hodgepodge? It is a fun, random question blog hop where Joyce provides the answers and we provide the questions. Grab the questions, answer them on your own blog and then link up on Wednesday!
1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you’d put on your list of quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?
Cook out, have a bonfire, catch lightning bugs, watch fireworks, watch dirt racing, ride bikes, swim, eat ice cream, camp out in the back yard, and go on vacation. I will definitely try to do all ten of these this summer.
2. Do you collect seashells when you’re at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What’s your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these ‘best beaches for hunting seashells’ have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit?
Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey’s Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas
I do collect seashells. This past trip to Myrtle Beach, I collected shells and sand. When I got home, I put them in a shadow box with a picture of the ocean and sunset as the backdrop. It turned out pretty cool. I have not visited any of the places on the list. Of all over them though, I’d most like to visit Shipwreck Beach.
3. At a snail’s pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up...which ‘shell’ phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.
I would have to say ‘happy as a clam.’ I just leased a new Honda Civic EX-T, and I LOVE it.
4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?
Mowing. I hate to do it. It makes my allergies go nuts… even when Don is doing the mowing.
5. What’s something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?
DVDs and CDs. There is no need for them – you can stream pretty much anything music or movie related. I am not sure that bothers me or not. I do like watching movies, but rarely listen to a specific CD – just songs.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Thursday morning, mom and the kids and I are leaving for our annual trip to Amish Country. I can’t wait!
Tags: Everyday Life